Monday 2 May 2011

Brighton!

Feeling a little fuzzy after Friday's festivities the bf and I dragged ourselves out of bed at the crack of dawn (well 6am) to embark on our little Brighton adventure.
Having smugly beaten the traffic we arrived in Brighton long before the local residents had awoken, let alone the weekend crowd. This left us plenty of time to indulge in a full English breakfast and explore the seaside resort in the quiet early morning sunshine :).
The Royal Pavilion is one of my absolute favourite places in Brighton - it's exotic, oriental style and beautiful gardens are absolutely breathtaking!
Getting dressed so early in the morning comfort was my utmost priority. I chose an old dress from Topshop, a large 70's inspired hat from United Colours of Benetton and New Look sandals.
We had such a lovely day by the seaside - feasting on rock, candy floss and ice cream, relaxing on the beach with a good book and navigating the winding streets in search of knick knacks. The bf even had a little dip in the sea, though I think he was the only one 'brave' enough to do so. Despite the deceptively warm and sunny day the water was still absolutely freezing!!


What are your favourite places to visit for a day trip? Have you ever been to Brighton? xxx
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. lovely images, I was in Brighton last week and will be posting images soon!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photos! i've never been to brighton, but it looks so pretty! I live near clacton so i like to go there on a sunny day :)

    Andd... we totally have the same dress :)
    http://jazza17.blogspot.com/2011/04/who-cares-if-you-disagree.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww looks lovely! really want to make a trip down to Brighton. Me and the mateys went to Camber Beach last week & spent the day lounging in the sunshine :)

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. aahh! i'm so gutted I didn't see you!! Glad you love Brighton so much :) it's always sunny down here!!
    hope you come visit again! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that hat, too! :) Such a beauty.
    I love Brighton very much, but whenever we crave beach and sunshine without crowds we go through Brighton to Worthing, it's a lot more quiet down there but just as pretty.
    I can't really pick a favourite place in the UK, but my favourite spots include Arundel, Rye, Tunbridge Wells and Bath... just to name a few around here.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You looked fabulous darling, glad to see the weather finally in tune.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like you had a fab time. gorgeous pix and u look super!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i live in brighton, shame i didnt see you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hometown, I adore Brighton!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love what you were wearing! nice place too!
    http://misstarshiny.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig