Friday 23 September 2011

Work It Out: Jade

Pencil dresses are definitely my weakness. Whenever I see one in an original style or fun colour I inevitably end up trying it on. The shape is really flattering for us hourglass ladies as it accentuates curves in the right places - creating balance in the silhouette while streamlining any bumps (fingers crossed). I first noticed this dress online as its bright green colour is very different to anything I currently own (the pictures look more blue toned than irl). I also liked the v-neck and the original tiered detailing around the shoulders.
 Dress - Dorothy Perkins (£30 here), Patterned Tights - M&S, Tuxedo Blazer - Zara.
Since this dress has no lining it fits pretty snugly in terms of shape, but doesn't perhaps have as much support as one would like, so I would recommend wearing it with tights. Cheaper materials like this tend to be quite thin, so it's always best to add another layer!

Are you braving bright colours this season? What are your favourite dress shapes? Do you sometimes favour style over quality? xxx
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Gorgeous! The colour and shape really suit you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely the colours are great xx
    cantruninheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the neckline on your dress, it's very pretty and unique. You look fabulous as always. I'm an hourglass shape too and agree that you just can't beat a pencil dress. I always feel at my best in one rather than in anything with extra material or frills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The detailing on the dress is beautiful. Really takes it from plain to pretty. Color looks great on you!!

    www.thisis-splendid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is stunning on you, the colour really suits you:) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful shade of green. I love this shape of dress as it really suits me too. Topshop have a few nice ones at the moment as well. Loving the whole outfit.

    Em x

    http://youarethebluestlight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig