Wednesday 20 June 2012

Rigby & Peller

Did you know that 80% of women in the UK are wearing the wrong bra size? Well, I had certainly heard that statistic before, but I didn't know that I was in fact one of them! A few weeks ago I attended the opening of a new Rigby & Peller store in the City to have my own fitting and try on some of their beautifully luxurious underwear and beachwear.
Rigby & Peller are synonimous with quality lingerie. After being in the business for over 50 years R&P are able to fit women from sight alone and without the use of a tape measure. It was very strange to be fitted by someone without any measurements being made, but the staff are incredibly professional and experienced. I was dumbfounded to see that in fact I was a whole cup size larger and one size smaller around the back than I have been wearing for years.

Rigby & Peller owner Mrs June Kenton comments: "Breast sizes have increased significantly over the past 50 years with an increase in demand for smaller back sizes, however there is a common misconception that only large breasted ladies need to be concerned about a well fitted bra. No matter their size or shape we want women to understand how dramatically they can improve their quality of life and general well being by having a bra that is properly fitted and well made – it is staggering how many women stick to one size throughout their lifetime.”

During my fitting I was shown a range of different styles and premium brands to try that were suited to my shape and the look that I wanted. R&P hold so many different styles of lingerie that it's easy to find exactly what you need. Plus every item is fitted perfectly so that it supports, lifts, shapes and smooths in all the right places! I was extremely impressed with the staff as they have such a great knowledge of their stock and know all the minute differences in the sizes of different brands.

I also fell in love with their swimwear, which is modern, flattering, yet functional. They have a fantastic range of slimming swimsuits too! My absolute favourite is the Maryan Mehlhorn one piece (£169 here).
Rigby & Peller caters for sizes from 30A to 48N, with the average Rigby & Peller bra containing 38+ components compared to just 16 in an average bra! I would highly recommend checking out R&P for a fitting and if you work near the City the new store in Bow Lane here is absolutely lovely!
Have you ever had a fitting at Rigby & Peller?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. very nice!!
    visit my blog, we can follow each others!!
    miss

    http://www.armocromia.com/2012/06/dior-addict-fragrance.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll have to take a peek! the swimsuits look incredibly chic

    xo Violet Grey

    www.violetgrey.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rigby and Peller lingerie! all their items are so beautiful and fit perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you order online? bravissimo are currently the only place i can get bras from (small back big cup) also are they reasonably priced? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rigby and Peller have a great concept! It is so wonderful that they open more and more stores in Germany right now! Greetings from Munich,

    Vanessa - PureGlam.tv

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig